The Laborie Development Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation, was registered under the Companies Act in St. Lucia on December 11, 2002.
Its functions are to:
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of development activities and projects.
• Mobilize the community and involve all citizens in planning and implementation of development projects.
• Raise funds for projects and activities to be undertaken by itself and by other organizations.
• Implement specific projects whenever there is no other organisation capable of implementing them.
• Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the Strategic Development Plan for Laborie.
The Foundation’s focus is on the overall development of the community including the development of tourism, agriculture and fishing, youth and sports, education and the human resources, and health care and social services.