The Bahamas Hotel & Tourism Association (BHTA) serves the needs of the Bahamas hotel industry by providing a forum to facilitate the promotion, profitability, quality growth and security of the tourism industry consistent with the needs of The Bahamas.
The BHTA’s Strategic Plan calls for Profitability, Quality and Sustainability.
1. Advocacy: To be the leading unified advocacy voice for Bahamian tourism.
2. Tourism Advancement and Protection: To address and make immediate impact on industry needs in the areas of workforce development, sustainable development, crime prevention and any industry-related issue that directly or indirectly affects the hotel industry.
3. Workforce Development: To be the leading resource for industry-related education and training by identifying industry educational and training needs and strengthen BHA’s and partners’ training, certification and standards programs.
4. Membership Recruitment: To increase membership with prospective members who wish to proactively support the tourism industry.
5. Membership Support Services: To effectively guide BHA members toward maximizing their business yields and customer satisfaction through relevant services and programs.
6. National Destination Marketing: To significantly support the strengthening ofThe Bahamas as the destination of choice.