Fragments of Hope is a not-for-profit community-based organization registered in 2013 in Placencia Village, Belize. Focusing primarily on the challenge of coral reef restoration and advocacy for the sustainable management of associated habitats, FoH is a partner with the Belize Fisheries Department, Healthy Reefs Initiative, the Smithsonian Institute and a member of the newly formed regional Coral Restoration Coalition. Our work involves efforts from trained fishers, tour guides, regulatory agencies and a handful of local community members volunteering towards our diverse objectives:
• Promoting active management solutions for threats to the Belize Barrier Reef Reserve System
• Protecting the ecology and environment of the marine and related ecosystems in Belize
• Promoting awareness of the ecology and environment of the marine and related ecosystems in Belize
• Seeking alternative livelihood options to relieve stress or threats to the marine and related ecosystems in Belize
• Providing education and capacity building for Belizeans in efforts to meet the above objectives.